Post 7: Change to my study programme

In general, I can say that the study program of the career seems to be very complete since the branches that we have so far, most of them are connected to each other and are rich in content so that a lot can be learned from all those fields.

A change that I would very much like to see made within our career study program is to replace the transversal courses with others that are of interest to us, since last year's experience for the generation was not very satisfactory studying a transversal for various reasons, one of which is key: interest.

On the other hand, I would like them to implement in the program, the possibility that there are more places avaiable to take cfg (general training courses) since many students have taken a cfg that does not attract their attention or they do not like because the places are full and we have no other choice.  That does not seem good to me since it demotivates the student's performance in the course he must take by requirement.  As for the academic load, I think that it is quite high since we do not only have to enter the classes, but also read texts for each subject, and also review capsules for each subject.  This actually means that many times the classes are more asynchronous than synchronous, and that we do not have much free time to deal with stress, or enough time to develop assessments.

Regarding the duration of the degree, it seems to me that it is adequate, since psychology is a complex career both for the subjects in general and for the many contents that must be studied in depth.  I can't say much about the infrastructure of the university since I don't know the faculty other than from the outside because I went once and only to collect my transportation pass.  

Regarding the use of technology, I really like the platform used by the university (U-courses) since it is very complete and versatile since it has many services such as forums, blogs, links to access classes, teaching material, etc.  Which are very useful for both students and teachers.  Finally, I can objectively say that the teaching methods are good (perhaps not much to my liking) since despite the fact that we have to have mostly annex material for the classes, this allows the classes to be much more useful for asking questions that clarify the doubts of the students.  In particular, the reason why I don't like this way very much is because learning the contents is time consuming and in the same way it becomes so accelerated that we hardly have time to digest them, and in the context of a pandemic there are many other things that we have to worry about besides studies.



Comments

  1. I agree with you!! our career is very complex :S hahhaha <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. transversal courses are pain :'(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same with the course "transversal" hahaha:((

    ReplyDelete
  4. I very much agree with modifying the transversal courses for others of our interest;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post 3: Mental health problems related to a lockdown

Post 6: Postgraduate Studies